Enhance your outdoor skills and knowledge in the field while helping to create the lifestyle, amenities, and management of a new town and culture from the ground up.Apply Now
The Outdoor Recreation & Ecotourism Program is responsible for creating an active outdoor lifestyle at Kalu Yala. We will spend hours hiking, surfing, and swimming in rivers; learn trail building; lead groups of visitors through activities and excursions; and develop amenities that encourage recreation. You will be setting the precedent for how people live at Kalu Yala for decades to come, as well as setup economically viable outdoor activities for visitors. Interns will also get the unique opportunity to learn how to surf and develop a sustainable surf tourism excursion to compliment the many outdoor activities available on our jungle campus.
– Trail building and maintenance
– Aspects of emergency wilderness medical care and planning (EAP)
– Emergency wilderness medical care and planning
– Presentation, writing, and project management
– Guiding and outdoor activity leadership
– Developing economically viable outdoor excursions for interns & guests
Whether you already have a particular passion for the outdoors or you are still trying to find it, this is the opportunity to escape the classroom and experience one of the most biodiverse places on the planet.