Fall 2013 San Miguel Program Goals
Fall 2013 Semester: San Miguel Programs
- To turn ideas into action. Finishing the year with the same goal I started with: following through, seeing projects through from start to finish, making the impossible possible.
- To listen. Working in San Miguel, whether on Community Outreach, Education, or Health & Wellness projects, you are working with people who have their own perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, beliefs, and dreams. Listen more- it will let you learn more, which gives you the ability to do more, and do better.
- To grow. To increase the quality of education in our programs, to increase the quality of our projects, and to expand personal and professional skill sets for both the students and myself.
- Work Ethic
San Miguel Director-Lead Projects
- Continued ESL classes in San Miguel, Carriazo, and Juan Gill Primary schools
- San Miguel: 4K/K, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th,6th
- Carriazo: 1st/2nd/6th, 3rd/4th/5th
- Juan Gill: 4K/K, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th
- Afterschool program expansion to Carriazo and Juan Gill
- Programs in San Miguel
- Futbol & Deportes
- Arbol de la Vida & Arte
- Book Club
- Programs in Juan Gill
- Programs in Carriazo
- Adult ESL classes
- Continuation in La Mesa and San Miguel
- Possible expansion to Juan Gill and/or Carriazo
- Further study of Health Care in San Miguel
- Work on AAA presentation and journal article
- Community Wellness Initiatives
Possible Student Projects
- Aura’s Refresqueria
- Financing for the project
- Construction and building
- Development of products
- Marketing and opening!
2. Casa Llena Garden
- Increased food production
- Upkeep of work done by Brenda
3. San Miguel Library Kids Garden
4. Women’s Exercise Classes
Share the post "Fall 2013 San Miguel Program Goals"