Help increase the biological knowledge base surrounding Kalu Yala while being at the center of the research and ecological responsibility required to build the world's most sustainable modern town.Apply Now
The Biology Program focuses on conducting biological field research, such as the cataloging of flora and fauna in and around Kalu Yala. We will spend many hours hiking and exploring the various ecosystems surrounding the property. You will have the opportunity to make observations, ask your own questions, and seek your own explanations. Projects have ranged from GIS mapping and water testing, to species richness comparisons between old and new growth forest ecosystems.
– Broad understanding of rainforest systems
– Detailed knowledge of your chosen research subject
– Experiment design, data collection, and analysis
– Presentation, writing, and science communication
– Quantitative methods and models in ecology and conservation biology
Whether you have found passion for a particular field in biology or you are eager to discover it, this is an opportunity to escape the classroom, experience one of the most biodiverse places on the planet, and actively contribute to conservation research in Panama.