Learn how to manage an agroecological system by working with a diversity of plant and animal species. See the entire process of sustainable tropical agriculture from seeding to harvesting all the way to the plates of the people eating the food.Apply Now
There is no better place in the world to learn about farming than in the tropics where incredible species diversity lets you build and manage a complex agricultural system. This program aims to copy systems found in nature that promote ecologically responsible land use. You won’t only consider the best growing practices, but also examine the role food plays in your life and the lives and well being of the entire world’s population.
– Sustainable farm planning and management
– Propagation techniques and crop management
– The discipline of studying top soil and improving it
– Permaculture and regenerative agriculture
– How to go to market with your harvest
If you already garden, you will learn how to apply your knowledge to farming at a larger scale. And if you are just beginning, you will leave with a very green thumb.